Open HYPE Course 2019
‘Multi-basin modelling using World-Wide HYPE (WWH) at the local/regional scale.’
The 2019 course about the global HYPE model and its worldwide application will take place in September in Norrköping, Sweden at the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI). The course will present the model structure, setup and current calibration for the globe.
Registration will open in spring 2019.
- Improving the existing WWH model setup for a part of the world (your area of interest will be delivered by SMHI)
- Include your own data (river flow observations, catchment delineation, routing, landuse, water bodies, forcing data P/T)
- Calibration strategies and stepwise parameter estimation using multi-source data (provided by SMHI)
- The course is free of charge and open to anyone with a technical background in hydrological modelling.
- Participants are expected to cover their own costs for travelling, accommodation and subsistence. Suggestions for accommodation and general information can be found here.
- Participants are expected to bring their own laptop to the course and may bring their own data. A detailed course schedule is usually available in June.
For more information, please contact Emilie Breviere.
Annual open HYPE Courses
Customised Courses (upon request at agreed price)
Delivery of courses customised to suit particular preferences is possible – let us know what you are interested in by filling in the contact form below and we can provide a quote.
Please go to our contact page for a quoted price and select “Hype Course” in the type of request.