Open HYPE Course 2020
September 8th – 10th 2020
The course describes multi-basin hydrological modelling using HYPE at the local/regional scale. It is organized by the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI).
The course presents the World-Wide HYPE (WWH) model structure, setup and current calibration for the globe. There will be lectures and exercises about the following themes:
- improving the existing WWH model setup for a part of the world (your area of interest will be delivered by SMHI)
- including your own data (river flow observations, catchment delineation, routing, land use, water bodies, forcing data P/T)
- different calibration strategies and stepwise parameter estimation using multi-source data (provided by SMHI)
Due to the Covid-19 situation, please be aware that the course may be held online. We will make a decision regarding this in June.
- The course is free of charge and open to anyone with a technical background in hydrological modelling.
- Participants are expected to cover their own costs for travelling, accommodation and subsistence. Suggestions for accommodation and general information can be found here.
- Participants are expected to bring their own laptop to the course and may bring their own data.
Previous annual open HYPE Courses
- 2019 agenda, group photo
- 2018 agenda, group photo
- 2017 agenda, group photo
- 2011 HYPE open source kick-off
Customised Courses (upon request at agreed price)
Delivery of courses customised to suit particular preferences is possible – let us know what you are interested in by filling in the contact form below and we can provide a quote.
Please go to our contact page for a quoted price and select “Hype Course” in the type of request.