Open HYPE Course 2023
September 6-8, 2023 online and in Norrköping, Sweden
The course describes multi-basin hydrological modelling using HYPE at the local/regional scale. It is organized by the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI).
The course provides an introduction to the HYPE model and introduces SMHI’s global HYPE set-up WW-HYPE (WW-HYPE). WW-HYPE builds on open global and regional data sources. We are aiming to collaboratively improve WW-HYPE, which is why participants can after the course apply for WW-HYPE sub-models for their areas of interest.
This year’s course consists of lectures and exercises on the following themes (preliminary, subject to changes):
- HYPE model overview
- HYPE model process description
- Building and using HYPE model applications: Setup and data files, available tools
- WW-HYPE model introduction: Set-up, performance, future
- Improving the existing WWH model setup for a part of the world
- HYPE calibration: Strategies for large-scale hydrological model setups and available calibration routines in HYPE
- Water quality modelling with HYPE: Process description and model setup
Previous annual open HYPE Courses
- 2022 agenda, group photo
- 2021 agenda, group photo
- 2020 agenda, group photo
- 2019 agenda, group photo
- 2018 agenda, group photo
- 2017 agenda, group photo
- 2011 HYPE open source kick-off
Customised Courses (upon request at agreed price)
Delivery of courses customised to suit particular preferences is possible – let us know what you are interested in by filling in the contact form below and we can provide a quote.
Please go to our contact page for a quoted price and select “Hype Course” in the type of request.