Open HYPE Course 2019
10-12 September 2019
The course describes multi-basin hydrological modelling using HYPE at the local/regional scale. It is organized by the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI).
The course will present the model structure of World-Wide HYPE (WWH), setup and current calibration for the globe and there will be lectures and exercises about the following themes:
- improving the existing WWH model setup for a part of the world (your area of interest will be delivered by SMHI)
- including your own data (river flow observations, catchment delineation, routing, land use, water bodies, forcing data P/T)
- different calibration strategies and stepwise parameter estimation using multi-source data (provided by SMHI)
- The course is free of charge and open to anyone with a technical background in hydrological modelling.
- Participants are expected to cover their own costs for travelling, accommodation and subsistence. Suggestions for accommodation and general information can be found here.
- Participants are expected to bring their own laptop to the course and may bring their own data.
Annual open HYPE Courses
Customised Courses (upon request at agreed price)
Delivery of courses customised to suit particular preferences is possible – let us know what you are interested in by filling in the contact form below and we can provide a quote.
Please go to our contact page for a quoted price and select “Hype Course” in the type of request.